We’ve found a new favorite quick bread recipe. I’ve made this cranberry orange yogurt bread couple of times now and really cannot get enough. It’s perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack and even dessert. Continue reading
I can’t believe that November is already here. It seems that just couple of weeks ago it was summer (well, at least here in San Diego) and now the weather cooled down and the days are shorter and shorter. It also means that the holiday season is approaching faster than I expected. Continue reading
I have been looking for a new breakfast recipe that is easy, healthy and tasty. I came across this recipe in my Vitamix handbook that sounded pretty good. The recipe is very easy, it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare all the ingredients and it’s a perfect addition to your breakfast routine.
The apricot bread turned out great! It was nice and earthy and moist and full of apricot and nut goodness! I really enjoyed the texture provided by the chunks of apricots and the pecans. I think I might just have a new favorite quick bread!
This breakfast-friendly cake is a surprisingly healthy way to start your day. Part dessert, part breakfast food, this moist cake will surely satisfy. Its moist and luscious, and its a very easy dessert. You can serve it topped with fresh berries and a side of yogurt in the morning or as a afternoon snack. Continue reading
This is a tasty quick bread recipe made with whole-wheat flour, carrot, banana and golden raisins. No sugar added and dairy free. Ripe bananas and raisins provide all the sweetness. Chia seeds contains a wealth of fiber and is incredibly healthy.
Makes one loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 mashed very ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 9x5x3- inch loaf pan with oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, chia seeds, and raisins. In a large bowl, blend the oil, eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Add the shredded carrots and mix just until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.