Blackberry Peach Pie
I am SO excited about this dessert! I wanted to try nut or seed pie crust for awhile now and I am very pleased with the result. I used sunflower seeds for the crust , but I am sure that walnuts and/or almonds will work as well ( that will be another recipe!😉). I had a few ripe peaches and some fresh blackberries and dessert on my mind, and came up with this recipe. I am glad I used them in this recipe as it turned so delicious and we loved the sunflower seed crust! Enjoy!
Also, check out these summer desserts:
Berry Crumble with Orange Blossom Sauce
Raw Berry Crumble with Coconut Vanilla Sauce
Blackberry Peach Pie (vegan)
- 3 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blackberry Peach Filling:
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 cups ripe peaches, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 tbs to 1/4 cup arrow root or corn starch (depends how ripe is your fruit)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the 9 inch pie dish with a nonstick spray.
- Grind the sunflower seeds into small pieces in a food processor. Add the dates and cinnamon and process into a fine crumb. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside (this will be your pie topping).
- Place the remaining pie crust ingredients into the processor and process the mixture until it forms a fine sticky crumb. When squeezed between two fingers, the crust should stick together and feel moldable. If too dry, add 1 tsp of water.
- Scoop out the mixture into the pie dish and press it down well with your hands into a crust shape. Set aside.
- Make the filling. Toss and combine all of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into a prepared crust. Sprinkle the filling evenly with the leftover sunflower date crumb mixture. Lightly spay with coconut oil ( optional, but if you have a nonstick spray at home I would recommend as it gives a little bit of color when it bakes!)
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let it cool.