Happy Friday! Its a beautiful day here is San Diego! Sunny and warm… My husband and I are taking advantage of it and going for a hike tomorrow, I can’t wait! Hopefully you all have exciting plans this weekend. I am sharing another weekly plan that is looking awfully tasty! I have two new one-pot dishes that are easy and ready in 30 minutes, and couple of dishes that i shared before, plus a couple of breakfast ideas! Enjoy!
If you make one of my recipes, take a picture and share on Instagram! Use hashtag #oceanviewkitchen
Have a nice weekend!
enjoy the little things:) olga
Monday-Rice Pilaf with Roasted Butternut Squash, Barberries, and Pistachios
Tuesday- One Pot Taco Skillet (recipe below)
Wednesday- Pasta with Spinach Pesto and Bacon Bites
Thursday- Bean and Vegetable Soup (recipe below)
Friday- Night out or check out these Asian Steak Kebabs
Breakfast: check out this Savoury Oatmeal or Easy Homemade Pancakes. For more breakfast ideas check out my Pinterest!
Rice Pilaf with Roasted Butternut Squash, Barberries, and Pistachios – this recipe is delicious, hearty and healthy!
One Pot Taco Skillet – quick and healthy dish that is perfect for Taco Tuesday!
Pasta with Spinach Pesto and Bacon Bites – fresh pasta, homemade pesto and bacon bites…this is sooo good!!! you have to try this one!!!
Bean and Vegetable Soup – serve it with crusty bread drizzled with extra-virgion olive oil.
One Pot Taco Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
3 cups kale (lightly packed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- green onions, to garnish
- In a large pan, lightly brown ground beef and crumble well, about 4-6 minutes. Remove beef from the pan. Drain excess fat, leaving 1 tbs.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic, and cook until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes..
Stir in beef, add chili powder, oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Add corn, canned tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add kale and let wilt, about 3-4 minutes
- Mix well.Cover with shredded cheese and let cheese melt.
- When cheese is melted, serve it with corn bread, over a bed of lettuce, rice, or in a taco or burrito!
Bean and Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 leak, cleaned and sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 32 oz low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 15 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups kale (packed), coarsely chopped
- fresh lemon juice (~ 2 tablespoons or to taste)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, 5-8 minutes. Drain excess fat, leaving 1 tablespoon.
- Add leak, carrots and garlic garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until leaks begin to soften, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary and bay leaf, and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk in vegetable stock, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans and kale, and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with lemon zest if desired.