In your daily dinner dash, chicken can be a great time-saver. I have several quick and easy recipes that you can whip up on a busy nights that I will be sharing with you. First, braised chicken with potatoes, olives, and lemon – easy chicken dinner with Mediterranean spin. Cooking with olives is an excellent way to spice up your dinner options. Briny, salty olives bring so much flavor to the dish. The chicken turned out moist and flavorful and combined nicely with potatoes, olives and lemon. It tasted even better the next day! Highly recommend to try:)
You might also like this recipe:
Roasted Chicken with prunes, olives, capers and pomegranate molasses
Braised Chicken with Potatoes, Olives, and Lemon
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces baby fingerling potatoes or halved small potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted if desired
- 1 small lemon, washed well, cut into wedges
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with salt.
- Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil. Cook chicken, skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken, and push to side of skillet. Add 1 cup stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add potatoes to liquid. Bring to a boil. Add garlic, olives, lemon wedges, and thyme to liquid. Return to a boil.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, stirring potatoes halfway through, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Return skillet to stove. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup stock, and stir into pan. Bring to a boil to thicken sauce. Serve immediately.
Adopted from Martha Stewart