Let me start by saying that this is my favorite turkey burgers so far! These turkey burgers get their flavor from chipotle chili in adobe sauce which add smoky and spicy excitement to these juicy burgers. The crunchy corn slaw is made with grilled corn and red cabbage and provides a contrast of textures to make these burgers a blast to eat. And the flavors are unreal, too. Crunch from the cabbage, tanginess from the lime, sweetness from the agave nectar and the sweet smokey grilled flavor from the corn. They were incredibly tasty, juicy, spicy, sweet, smoky, and tangy, just packed with so many incredible flavors! To me this is the perfect BBQ summertime recipe!
Chipotle Turkey Burgers with Grilled Corn Slaw and Tangy Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, grated on a microplane grater (about 1 teaspoon)
- ½ small red onion, grated on the large holes of a box grater (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 chipotle chile in adobe sauce, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 your favorite slider buns, buttered and toasted
Roasted Corn Slaw:
- 2 ears grilled corn , kernels removed from the cob (how to grill corn: my favorite version)
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey (or to taste)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Combine turkey, parsley, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, chipotle chili and cheese in a large bowl and toss gently until homogenous. Form into four patties slightly larger than the buns and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium-high or 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the burgers and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned on both sides and center of burger registers 155 to 160°F on an instant read thermometer, about 10-12 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to rest.
- Transfer the burgers to the bun and top it with roasted corn slaw.
Roasted Corn Slaw:
- In a bowl toss together the grilled corn, cabbage, chopped cilantro or parsley, and jalapeño, if desired. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, apple vinegar, agave nectar, salt and pepper. Pour over the slaw and mix. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.