This breakfast-friendly cake is a surprisingly healthy way to start your day. Part dessert, part breakfast food, this moist cake will surely satisfy. Its moist and luscious, and its a very easy dessert. You can serve it topped with fresh berries and a side of yogurt in the morning or as a afternoon snack.
Makes one cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 mashed very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 8×8- inch pan with oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, blend the oil, eggs, bananas, pumpkin butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.
- Serve with fresh berries and a side of yogurt.
Inspired by the recipe from Joy the Baker.