Wings, wings, wings! Who doesn’t love them? These tequila lime glazed chicken wings are so good and you will not believe that they are baked. They were crispy outside, perfectly moist inside, sweet, tangy, a little spicy.. all in one. If you want it to be spicier, just add more chile paste. Napkins necessary!
For the Wings:
- 12 chicken wings (about 3.5 pounds)
- salt, pepper
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or red chili flakes ( or adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle the chicken wings with salt and pepper and arrange skin-side up on the baking rack in a single layer. Cook until just brown and crisp, about 30 minutes
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.
- Brush about half of the glaze onto the wings on both sides; cook another 10 minutes, or until the wings are golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and brush with remaining glaze.
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired.