This is a tasty quick bread recipe made with whole-wheat flour, carrot, banana and golden raisins. No sugar added and dairy free. Ripe bananas and raisins provide all the sweetness. Chia seeds contains a wealth of fiber and is incredibly healthy.
Makes one loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 mashed very ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 9x5x3- inch loaf pan with oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, chia seeds, and raisins. In a large bowl, blend the oil, eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Add the shredded carrots and mix just until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.