This recipe is the kind that will go instantly into a regular weekend morning rotation. You can use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese instead of greek yogurt, all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour, add your favorite berries, chopped nuts, dried currents or cranberries, so adjust it to your taste. They were delicious and of course we loved them.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon flexseed powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- zest from one large lemon
- butter or oil for cooking pancakes
- jam of choice, maple syrup or fresh berries
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, flexseed powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the greek yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, eggs, and lemon zest and mix well. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Heat the butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto the skillet and cook each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with jam or maple syrup and fresh berries. Enjoy!